Thursday, May 21, 2009

SWAPS

Finally, both my swap partners have received their packages, and I can post! :D

For the "in the dye pot" swap I sent:
a skein of 50/50 merino/silk "Anna's Hummingbird"
photos of this bird can be found here and here (these are female, or juvenile, as they lack the rose colored iridescent throat/head)

6oz of cashmere/wool/nylon "Blue Crowned Motmot" - here
Two sets of stitch markers, blue yarn and a cat set (this swap partner has a pet cat)


As we had talked some about wanting rabbits, I of course had to make one! This piece is pretty open ended use-wise, it could be a pendant or toggle, or something else :)
I also made another cat

Both of these ended up needing post-baking surgery! their weight smooshed their faces a little when baking, and made some very interesting expressions!



The other swap I participated in was a handmade polyclay spindle swap! This swap was a chain-style one, rather than a back and forth between two people. I'm waiting for my package (It has to come all the way from Singapore!)
I sent my swap partner:
Fiber to spin, also cashmere/wool/nylon, this time in a Goldfinch colorway
a gorgeous shot of a stationary goldfinch is here and the inspiration to do a goldfinch dye here

A spindle of course - it was just under 2oz, and oh, does it spin lovely! I didn't want to send it away - I spun up a little test sample to see how it span, and just didn't stop for a while! :3

Red yarn stitch markers (with golds and bronzes dusted on top)

And two toggles (or large pendants, etc) as blackface sheep, one silver on pearl and white fleece, and one gold on brown and gray wool

No comments:

Post a Comment